Friday, October 28, 2011

Be-Talk: Olay Natural White Foaming Cleanser


 Brand Name: Olay

Type: Foaming Cleanser (Face wash)

Quantity: 50ml

Price: 99 INR

Thanks to my skin which is moody as much as I am-I am constantly on the look out for face washes which can control the localized oil mines on my face-and I want the oil-free effect to last long too. I have used facewashes from various brands-but the oil control effect I see lasts maximum upto one hour or so. This time-I was packing my bags for my trip-and needed a travel friendly size of facewash tube-and the store lady suggested me to use the Olay Natural White Foaming Cleanser. Since I had a fairly good experience with the Olay Natural white day cream-I slipped it into my bag without much qualms.

 
What the Olay Website says:


Product information


Cleanses and refreshes your skin as a first step towards a healthy looking natural fairness that glows. This cleanser removes dust, pollution and make-up residues to help keep
your skin looking naturally fair and healthy.



 Ingredients:


Water, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sorbitol, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance, PEG-100, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Linalool, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

  


Me-Talk:


I like the way this cleanser keeps my face oil free for a long time and leaves it deeply cleansed while lathering nicely. I observed that it somehow controls breakouts too! However, it tends to make my skin dry and I hardly can do without a moisturizer after using it. So I have to get my hands on an oil-free moisturizer immediately-or using this face-wash would become useless within few minutes! And as for fairness-I seriously did not test results-trust me-a facewash is supposed to CLEAN your face –not turn it white!!! However, the squeaky clean feel this face wash renders is good enough to make my skin look bright-as it removes grime and dirt quite efficiently.


Pro Side:


1) It instantly removes the greasy feeling on skin

2)Oil-free effect stays for long

3) I observed breakouts to lessen during its use

4)Gives a deep cleansed feeling-which I guess makes the face look    bright and glowing as the product claims.


Downside:


Makes skin feel dry and stretchy after use. A moisturizer is imperative following its use.


Recommendation: 80%



4 comments:

  1. it wont be suitable for dry skin na?:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well- I think-if you can use a good moisturiser after this, it will be fine-but I suggest using this as it gives a very good deep cleansing effect :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes i really love when cleanser leave my skin squeaky clean !! nice review! i have used their day cream and tht did suit me a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Yess!!! the Olay Natural white day cream is awesome!!! it never broke me out and is a matte oil free moisturiser :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Be-Talking Begin !!!!