Price: 575 INR
Well-so here is the Lakme Absolute collection-long awaited and much coveted!! With the BREAKING NEWS that finally the products of this line are available in stores-it felt as if IPhone 5G has launched or maybe Peugeot has finally hit Indian roads!! I am fully sure-along with its launch-the Lakme Absolute range has stolen the spotlight from all the other cosmetic brands-and everyone is crazy to know what the products are like! Well, how could I have been away from it then!
In a recent haul (read the Haul post here!)-I got myself the Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25. So here is the review for all the girls who are eagerly waiting in their shopping suits to pounce upon the stores!
Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25
Since the Lakme website has not yet updated the product details of this line-I am taking them from the Urban Touch website:
Innovative weightless formula for a flawless finish
Lakmé presents Absolute - a high-performance long wear makeup range. This premium range of cosmetics has been specially created for the woman of today who leads an international life with a soul that is Indian at heart.
This ultra light, oil-free, water based formula delivers naturally fair, breathable skin. Its weightless formulation hides pores, fine lines and uneven skin tone to leave skin peachy soft all thorough the day. It lasts up to 16 hours without fading and has Vitamin B3 and sun protection of SPF 25 too.
Looks like your skin, Feels like your skin!
How to Use
Using fingertips, gently spread tiny dots of the mousse over face and neck. Blend into skin beginning from the centre of the face moving outwards.
Ok-I would like to start off saying that-the product is quite similar to the Lakme 9-to-5 flawless makeup-it even smells exactly like it-a fruity fragrance. I say it in the first place because this was my very first reaction when I used this foundation for the first time! Speaking in greater details-this foundation has a creamy texture (an improvement over the 9-to-5 flawless makeup). It feels really light and gives medium to full coverage. It is difficult to tell now-that how long it would stay under bright sun and stark humidity-since none of these situations are now prevailing at Kolkata. But this makeup is definitely long staying-I can say from the way it formed no "layer" over the skin on applying-and didn’t wash away on pouring water. It’s light enough, not to make you feel that you are wearing a foundation. It gives a full matte finish-which looks powdery on blending (CHECK1) . It settles very quickly-and must be blended immediately-or else it gives a patchy look (CHECK2) Furthermore-I found it to be drying-on my combination skin-which looks very “made up” - rather chalky -on applying this-although I took just a pea sized amount for my full face (CHECK3) And there are only 3 shades available-I took the medium one for my wheatish complexion-the SA said the other two would be either too light or too dark for me (CHECK4)
|Can you see the chalky finish after blending?|
Due to the last four CHECKs-I find it really similar to the Lakme 9-to-5 flawless makeup. Something that I abandoned halfway before even finishing one bottle.
Apart from the creamy texture and light feel-I have found nothing impressive about the Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25 Foundation
|Check the patchy finish-near the bridge of the nose and jawline|
1) Creamy texture
2) Feels light on applying
3) I think this can stay long-it didn't wash away on pouring water.
1) It settles quickly-and has to be blended thoroughly-else the face would look chalky
2) Even on blending thoroughly (10 mins with a thick flat kabuki)-the face looks very made up-with a whitish cast -whats worse-if there are acne marks-they tend to look more prominent due to the powdery finish
3) I found it to be drying-especially on my combination skin-dry patches appeared along my jawline-and along my lip area= and odd making the application look very prominent.
4) Only three shades available. I don’t think that is adequate to cover the large range of Indian skin tones
5) I wear glasses-and found that on taking them off-the clamps on the specs left prominent marks where the foundation has melted awar-this was totally awkward-I prefer a no or minimal touch up foundation!
6) Will burn your photos if taken with flash! (I took some of mine-they looked total ghastly-so not posting here!!!) So wrong for night parites!!!
Overall-I am not happy with this foundation. It surely is not for people who want a dewy or natural finish-also I don’t think girls with dry skin would like this much.