Brand Name: Faces (Canada)
Line: Moisture Rich
Shade: First Lady (04)
I consider the brand Faces to be a breath of fresh air in the Indian cosmetics market. It has brought so many wonderful products at such reasonable prices-that it is giving hard competition to all the well known brands as well as providing us-the beauty addicts-with scores of quality products at most attractive prices. I love their lipsticks-and the one I bought from my recent haul from Urban Touch is the Faces Moisture Rich Lipstick in the shade “First Lady”.
What the Urban Touch website says about these line of Lipsticks
Creamy lipstick in rich pigmented color
Faces Moisture Rich lipstick provides rich, opaque color to lips and keeps them soft at the same time. The formula is infused with Vitamin E to protect and moisturize the lips with every application.
I got enthusiastic recommendations of this lipstick from my buddy blogger Tapaswini - who said I must check this lipstick out sometime and that I will love it surely. I am always skeptical about buying color cosmetics from online stores as there are no reference of shades. However- thanks to Taps-I am thoroughly loving my latest online purchase from Urban Touch website-who flawlessly packed and sent me this lipstick with some discount as well.
The First Lady Shade of the Faces Moisture Rich lipstick is a poppy-pink lipcolor- err-a better description would be barbie pink :D Such a color goes with a wide range of outfits-having dark or pastel colors. It has very fine golden shimmers in the otherwise creamy lipstick. This, overall gives the lipstick a glamorous sheen-along with awesome pigmentation and opaque texture.
|The fine shimmer|
This is my so called-One Swipe Lippy. I haven’t come across many lipsticks that are as pigmented as this one. But one thing-the lips must be well moisturized before applying-else what I found-is that on dry and parched lips-this lipstick feels somewhat sticky and settles on lines.
But when I used it after giving my lips a hefty dose of a Body Shop lip balm-this lipstick felt light on lips without any cakey feel. Owing to its sheen-it gives a beautiful pout and looks good even without a liner!
And I guess procuring this lippys is not a problem anymore-with reliable online shopping websites delivering them at the drop of hats to every corners of the country.
So to sum up:
1) Lovely Barbie pink shade-which will suit all complexions-and wide range of outfit colors
2) Gives an opaque finish in 1 or 2 swipes. The fine shimmer imparts the sheen to the overall look
3) Stays easily for 4-5 hours and beyond meals due to its thick texture
4) Price is very reasonable for the quality and quantity
5) Doesn’t dry lips –but as I said-it will fare best on moisturized lips
1) Like all creamy lippys-this transfers to cups and err other places… /wahaha
1) Availability at stores is a con-this brand is found rather selectively. Also for online buyers mainly- it is difficult to buy without seeing the shades in swatches. So I don’t know when I will be ordering the next lippy of this line-not at least before seeing swatches. Or I would have to visit Faces outlets-which is off course not available locally.
2) The Faces brand haven’t yet launched a comprehensive and updated website.
|My first itsy-bitsy EOTD caught on camera :)|