Type: Matte Lip Crème
Shade: Chestnut 06
Price: 399 INR
Quantity: 4.5 ml
This is another product from the last shopping Haul I made in 2011. I have been eying the Faces Lip creams for a long time. My first preference was off course NYX lip-cremes as they come in some spectacular shades and quite reasonable price. However-after two of my NYX orders from online shopping sites failed to reach me-I sorta got discouraged and thought of getting my first Lip Crème by Offline Shopping from Faces :D
I found description of this product from the HealthKart Website
Faces Creme Matte Lip Gloss offers complete color coverage and keeps lips soft and shiny. A hint of it gives you the sweetest whisper of color; a lot gives you rich, creamy pigment.
Faces Cosmetics is an internationally acclaimed cosmetics brand from Canada.
This is Written on the Carton:
1. Made from flex form complex which immediately defines and smoothens the lips
2.Its easy to apply, offers complete color coverage and helps keep lips soft and shiny forever
3. Dermatologically testsed
This is my first matte lip cream. One thing I always fear about matte finish lip products is that they would dry lips and make fine lines more visible. I thoroughly dislike the “caked” feel and appearance on my lips and so was bit apprehensive before buying the Faces Lip crème. However I was happy to see the effect after applying the Faces creme matte lip gloss. I am not sure why they are calling it a gloss as the finish is perfectly matte.
The lip crème gives full coverage in one or two swipes and glides like butter on the lips. It feels light-almost feels as if nothing is on the lips. The best thing is it doesn’t dry lips. However-if the lips are naturally dry-or you are using it in winters-it is best to keep a lip balm handy.
The staying power is pretty good-about 3-4 hours with meals in between. It doesn’t transfer to where the lips touch and fades evenly. It doesn’t settle on the lip lines and make them look parched. Also-these don’t smudge or bleed at all-and so pairing with a lip-liner isn’t necessary.
The particular shade-Chestnut is a true MLBB shade for me. I pick it up on days-when I am in no mood for makeup (ya-that happens too :D) I like the way it gives the lips a slight hint of color and the crème finish. Given that the staying power is high-I am assured that I wont need touch up soon-and thus my “no makeup look” remains hassle free. This is a great shade to wear during daytime or office –along with thinly defined eyes and some earthy blush.
So to sum up:
1) Smooth texture that glides truly like crème on the lips
2) Very good pigmentation-gives a full coverage to lips in one or 2 swipes
3) Doesn’t dry lips-however- in dry seasons or for dry lips- using a lipbalm is required after some time of application
4) Renders a true matte look. Feels very light on lips and doesn’t look heavy or cakey
5) Stays for good 3-4 hours with meals in between. Doesn’t transfer or bleed
6) Chestnut is a nice brownish MLBB shade for wheatish skin tones. There are some other really pretty shades available too. I am eyeing a plum one next
1) Availability of Faces products is not as good as other well known cosmetics
2) No proper website.