Type: Liquid Foundation
Shade: Beige (03)
Price: INR 499
In the last haul of last year-I bought a bunch of Faces products. I dint have a prior preview of most of them-it was an impulse shopping session (actually I got bored of waiting for a friend and hit a big Cosmetics store in North Kolkata to vent my frustration somewhat :D) So there I went-and got the Faces Minerals foundation for myself.
PS: I am obsessed with foundations of late. Before this I bought the Lakme Intense White Foundation which I thoroughly disliked. And more the number of times I get a wrong product-the more I freak out to get a better one :| I hope my mom is not reading this…
Okay-So I got a description of this foundation from the Health Kart website-where it is available at a discount of 60 bucks.
FACES Mineral Liquid Make up
Faces Mineral Liquid Makeup smoothens and illuminates your natural skin tone. Its light weight formula does not drag or cake up. It contains vitamin E that helps renew your skin tone from within.
Faces Cosmetics is an internationally acclaimed cosmetics brand from Canada.
This is written on The Carton:
1) Smoothens and Illuminates your natural skin tone
2) Light weight formula that doesn’t drag or cake up
3) Vitamin E helps renew your skin from within
From the first day of use-I am smitten by the awesomeness of my first mineral foundation. I prefer a dewy look and a foundation that has a shade close to my wheatish skin tone and also which doesn’t give a patchy finish. The Faces minerals foundation fits these bills like it was made to be my perfect foundation!!! This foundation isn’t exactly liquid-it has the consistency of a slightly thick cream. It gives medium to full coverage. It comes in a tube with a nozzle-which I find more convenient than a bottle or tub packaging.
What I like is that-this foundation needs no setting powder or compact. On blending properly-the foundation gives an instant pearly glow to the face. I have never seen any other foundation to do this before. The blending is easy as the foundation glides on and on-until the last bit of it is absorbed into the skin. I off course use liberal amounts of moisturizer beneath it. As I said-I dint use any powder to set this foundation-still it doesn't melt or make me sweat.
Also I have noticed that with other foundations-the face turns darker as you sweat and move around in the sun (Umbrellas and sunscreens are like an extra luggage to me forever :D). However, I found the Faces foundation to maintain the original shade and finish all day long! And the best part! It didn’t break me out at all-I have used it twice so far-and somehow-I don’t know how-my face looks tad brighter after its daylong use!!!
|Just after applying|
Do you see the nice blending and finish!
|After a day long wear WITHOUT any touch up|
SO to Sum up:
1) It gives a flawless finish. By flawless I mean-non-patchy-non cakey-and-non oily/slathering
2) Easy to blend because of the creamy consistency
3) The coverage is medium to full and it doesn’t budge with heat or sweat
4) Foundation doesn’t melt-but due to oil mines in my T zone-that place slightly “glazed” after some time. Dry skinned people wont have this problem
5) It didn’t break me out at all. On the contrary-my face looks brighter after everyday I use it.
6) This shade (Beige 03) is a perfect shade that compliments my wheatish skintone.
7) No whitish casts-it render the skin a pearly glow after applying
8) The tube with nozzle prevents wastage or contamination
9) Only 2 blobs like the one in the picture is enough to cover the face and neck.
1) The quantity is only 25 ml. And given that you would thoroughly love the product-I wonder if one tube would last a month!
2) The packaging should have been made transparent-so that the quantity remaining could be understood.