I was getting impatient to try out the BB cream-after I bought it more than a week ago. Now I believe that-to test the efficacy of any makeup-it must be worn for a full day outside-in the most sickest of weathers (no I dont want to mean that during cyclones or Earthquakes make the ideal testing environment :D) and exposed to all possible discomforts. I mean to say-makeup should be tested on a warm day-will loads of sun and travelling-or exposing to the environment that you work at-to know how good it is for you in real. So I just waited for a long day out and wore the Maybelline BB cream underneath Maybelline Satin Finish Foundation ( Not available here-got from Germany- Its an AWESOME product)
So this is what I felt after using the Maybelline BB cream:
1) It requires about 3-4 pumps or blobs (as below) to cover the full face-but not the neck.
2) At first- on applying-it settles as a white layer-which takes about 1 minute to get completely absorbed on the skin and then you cant find a trace of it
3) After this settled-I blended it somewhat with a kabuki and applied liquid foundation over it. I found that-I needed lesser foundation than I usually need. The foundation literally glided over my skin and I got myself a flawless finish with little effort.
4) The appearance of acne spots looks mitigated-I wont say covered or concealed or diminished-I think the BB cream created a smooth surface over them-and the blending of foundation was so nice that pigmentated areas became less visible
|I have a few pimple and acne scars on this side of my cheek-which are not much visible after using the BB cream below foundationn no concealer is used|
5) My face looked Bright-truly bright after applying foundation over this. Now although foundations cover up skin imperfections and hide many flaws-they dont really impart brightness to the complexion. So often they look cakey/patchy/splotched-for which actually the underlying skin is to be blamed for. I found that my skin really looked radiant after using this Brightness Benefit cream.
6) I wore it during daytime-when there was plenty of Sun and the weather was warm. I traveled long and found that my skin was getting an oily shine slowly. I mean this slowly made my skin look sweaty. I had to use tissue paper to wipe the oilyness off. So people wanting a matte look-this isnt for you
7) I dint find this BB cream to break me out after the single use
8) The quantity of the cream would last me about 5 uses-but seeing the result I am happy for the price I am paying.
9) I dont know how it will fare in peak sultry summer-when nothing but water survives on skin!
10) For very oily skinned ladies-this BB cream may not be suitable.
Overall Recommendation: 90%