Brand Name: Chambor
Price: Rs 725
I am always on the look out for good compact powders-because they form a most important part of my everyday routine before going out. I look for ones-that have the shade nearest to my skin tone,a light texture, that will absorb extra oils secreted from the face, and also will not look splotchy on sweating. I bought the Chamber Silver Shadow Poudre compact on impulse (read : vigorous pushing from SAs). However, impulse buys often pay off more than sensible ones I guess. I thoroughly love this compact now!!!
What the Chambor Website says:
A compact is a must have for all women of today. Chambor brings to you Silver Shadow - a magical compact powder which will give you the flawless finish required in a jiffy.
Chambor Silver Shadow is made up of Translucent Loose Powder which has excellent blending ability, smooth application & a silky after feel. Also acts like a perfect base and gives you a healthy look.
Ingredients: Vitamin A & E
Ingredients: Vitamin A & E
- Gives a matte finish
- Allows make up to stay longer
- Fresh look in 2 minutes
- Hides minor skin blemishes
- Convenient to carry
- Water resistant
- Long Lasting
- No animal ingredients
- Dermatologist & Ophthalmologist Tested
Shades Available: Ivoire, Rose pale, Sable, Noisette.
Well I found the perfect shade that matches exactly with my skin tone in this product-the correct texture to give a fully even finish-and most of all-it stays put even with profuse sweating on a busy hot summer day. Overall-this is what I wanted. Although it does not give complete coverage-I use it as the perfect setting powder over my foundation. I use this with large powder brush-and it leaves behind a flawlessly glowing skin-that doesn’t turn splotchy with sweating-In fact it never stands out from the foundation-such is the blending quality. And it has never broken me out. And although I would have bought this compact even if the single pan came for Rs 725, to add to my glee-it comes with a free refill pan!!!! That means two compacts of quantities larges than any other available compacts in market-are coming for 725 bucks!!! Me happy
However, I thing would like to mention is that-although I found a shade most close to my skin tone-which is brighty-wheaty- at first I was wondering if the shade would be alright for me-and was looking for a shade darker. I found that the noisette is the darkest shade available :( So for dusky toned beauties-I feel this line is not much suitable-as the powder may leave a whitish cast. For medium, fair to very fair tones-this line could be most ideal. Also-this doesn’t provide full coverage-rather its quite sheer-so it won’t count in your choice if you are looking for a full coverage compact.
1) Acts a perfect setting powder for foundation-doesn’t let foundation budge for the whole day even in hot weather
2) Blends completely and effortlessly-Doesn’t become splotchy in sweat
3) Mitigates oily-ness to render a silky finish-yes the finish is not totally matte-its smoother
4) Exactly matches my skin-so no fear of funny photos :D
5) Stays all day long
6) Didn’t break me out
7) The buffing-puff is of better quality than of other compacts I have used
8) Quite economical in size-with one free refill pan
1) Medium coverage
2) Shade selection is biased towards medium to light tones
3) The large size-which is off course a nice thing-but gets 1 con point for me-because its difficult to pack in small purses.